Curried Lamb Kebabs with Fresh Apricots
These fruity lamb kebabs are brilliant on the braai, but can also be cooked under the grill.
This recipe makes 8-12 kebabs.
- 750g lamb, cubed
- 1 large onion, cut into chunks
- 1 packet ready-made curry sauce
- 12-18 fresh apricots, halves
- 8-12 wooden kebab sticks, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Oil, for brushing
1. In a large bowl, combine the lamb and onion. Pour over the curry sauce and leave to stand for at least 1 hour
(or prepare the night before and leave in the fridge overnight).
2. Remove the meat and onion from the sauce and thread onto kebab sticks, alternating with apricots.
3. Brush with oil and cook over the coals — turning frequently so the kebabs don’t burn — for about 10-12 minutes.