Chicken Rice and Spices Bake
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 8-10 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 medium onion
- 1 garlic clove chopped ,minced or crushed
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 ½ teaspoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional or ½ teaspoon chilli powder )
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups basmati rice, rinsed and drained or 2 cups regular medium rice or 2 cups long grain rice
Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
Bring water to boiling and add chicken bouillon cubes, lower heat and simmer till dissolved–keep it hot.
Sprinkle chicken with half the spices (except the garlic).
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on med-high to high heat and fry the chicken till both sides are brown, lower heat to medium and remove the chicken to a plate.
In that same skillet sauté the onions for 2 minutes, then add the garlic and remaining spices and sauté another 2 minutes, then turn off the burner.
Add the rice and stir for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, till well coated.
Spread rice in the baking dish and place the chicken thighs over the rice.
Gently pour in the chicken stock and cover tightly with foil.
Bake for 40-45 minutes.